This ad is expired.
About Albright College
Founded in 1856, Albright College is the oldest institution of higher learning in Berks County and one of the most economically and culturally diverse colleges in the country. Nationally ranked as a top performer for social mobility, Albright is home to about 1,600 residential undergraduate students from across the nation and around the globe, working together to cultivate integrity, curiosity, connection and resilience. Albright students are encouraged to cross or combine majors to create individualized academic programs, without taking longer to graduate. The college's flexible curriculum, close faculty mentorship and numerous experiential learning options are all designed to help students exceed their own expectations.
At Albright, we believe our differences make us stronger and empower us to better understand and respect one another in a just and fair manner. With this in mind, the college recruits, houses, educates, employs, supports and generally celebrates people of all statuses, identities and backgrounds, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, religious or spiritual identity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, veteran status, political affiliation and physical and mental ability. Albright College is an EEO employer, committed to inclusivity. In alignment with this commitment, we actively encourage diversity in all dimensions among applicants for this position. Read the college'sInclusivity and Equity Statementonline and learn more our demonstrated commitment to building an inclusive and equitable academic community.
Albright College is seeking a full-time Academic Coach committed to student success to expand our current academic success team.Academic Coaches, report to the Assistant Provost and are a key player in supporting the success and persistence of Albright students. Working proactively,academic coaches have anassigned case load of students and areresponsible for monitoring academic progress and success; advising students on college policies and procedures; and providing highly responsive, individualizeholistic academic focused coaching based student needs and barriers to success inside and outside the classroom.
The Academic Coach should exemplify a commitment in championing equity, inclusion and people of all statuses and identities within the position's work with students as well as work within the greater Albright Community. We especially encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresentativegroups. Roughly one half of our students identify as Latino-American and/or African- American and roughly half of our students are first generation college students. We in the Albright College community are deeply committed to recruiting staff and faculty whorepresentour student body.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide proactive outreach and academic coaching for assigned students and ACT101 students to help them address their individual learning needs in order to increase achievement and persistence.
- Serve as probation coach for assigned students on academic probation.
- Refer students with more complex concerns to the appropriate department or office on campus, for example Campus Health Center, Mental Health Center, or Residence Life.
- Work with assigned students, in collaboration with faculty and staff, to promote the planning of intentional academic pathways.
- Monitor individual student progress and work collaboratively with other College student support and student alert processes, particularly the college's student advising software.
- Oversee the administrative components of ACT101 including coordinating student invitations and contracts, ongoing record keeping as required by PHEAA, supervising mentors, coordination of lending library.
- Coordinate and offer programs and workshops tied to ACT 101.
- Support Academic Student Success initiatives and outreach in coordinator with the Registrar's office.
- Meets regularly with Assistant Provost regarding ACT101.
- Attend and contribute to weekly Academic Student Success Staff Meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Provost or Director of Student Academic Success.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work interactively with college students using best practices for advising, academic coaching, and academic support
- Highly collaborative, with proven ability to work collegially with students, faculty, and staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, in individual and group settings, including ability to deal tactfully with and motivate students
- Integrity and good organizational skills
- Strong executive skills, able to manage large data and record keeping
- Student-centered commitment to the goals of liberal arts and professional education
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to building an inclusive and equitable Albright community, as described in Albright College's Inclusivity and Equity Statement.
- At least one years' experience with mentoring, advising, career counseling, and/or providing student services in a higher education setting
- Experience with retention management systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and emerging social media networks required.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred
Review of applications for this position will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an application by clicking "Apply Now". Cover letter, a minimum of two professional references and any other supporting application materials can be uploaded in one document along with the resume. Optional documents may be submitted can include: proof of education/certification, licenses, and letters of recommendation. Albright offers a competitive benefits package, which includes tuition remission.
About Reading, Pa.
Ranked a "Best Place to Live" and "Best Place to Retire" byU.S. News & World Report, Reading is a medium-sized city in Berks County, Pennsylvania. Albright College's 118 acre campus is located in the city's historic northeast College Heights neighborhood. Catch aconcertin Reading's 9,000 seatSantander Arenaor get up close and personal in the historical Santander Performing Arts Center (built in the 1870s — only 20 years after Albright was born!) Start a newartproject with materials like hot glass, paint, wood and more at theGoggleWorks Center for the Arts, enjoy seasonal festivals or take a walk throughWest Reading's artisan shops, restaurants and boutiques. See Pennsylvania's spectacularautumndisplay from the top of Reading's Pagoda, a kayak onBlue Marsh Lake, or from a scenicsteam train ride. Or leave civilization behind with more than 125 miles of certifiedbikingandhiking trails. The city of Reading is also home to the Philadelphia Flyer's ECHLice hockey team and the Philadelphia Phillies' AA baseball team.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency