The Academic Counselor/Admissions Pathway Coach is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions. Using an equity-based student-centered philosophy, the pathway coach will help students navigate the enrollment process. In addition to assisting students with and exploring academic interests the pathway coach will be responsible for a variety of on and off-campus recruitment activities that attract prospective students to the college and its various programs. Activities will include utilizing data to identify target populations, developing and distributing marketing and social media campaigns through multiple modalities, participating in events such as open houses and high school fairs, providing enrollment information to prospective students and their families and assisting students in navigating the enrollment process. The person in this role will also monitor, track and gauge effectiveness of recruitment efforts. Other responsibilities include working as a collaborative team member within Enrollment Services departments to ensure a seamless student experience.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Admission and Recruitment:
- Assists in developing, implementing and evaluating recruitment and outreach efforts for specific target audiences and assigned territories.
- Assists the Associate Director of Admission and Recruitment with monitoring and tracking the effectiveness of recruitment efforts; utilizes data to assist the Associate Director to make informed decisions for future recruitment goals."
- Works with the Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment to create electronic and social media campaigns for targeted prospect groups; utilizing Radius, TargetX, Colleauge, ImageNow, Gecko Chat/Text, Qualtrics, Email, Phone, OnceHub, WebEx, Zoom, in person appointments, and other
- technology as needed to support their journey through the enrollment funnel
- Assists in creating marketing and recruitment plans based on enrollment cycles.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with guidance counselors, parents, representatives of community-based organizations, as well as Bunker Hill Community College faculty and staff.
- Serve as liaison and point of contact for the Admissions department for an assigned Academic Division and
- Dean/Assistant Dean to support student questions and prompt follow up
- Assists students with transcript overview
- Attends on and off-campus meetings and recruitment events as necessary; participates in college fairs, information sessions, open houses, campus tours, school visits.
- Provides recruitment and admissions statistical reports.
- Maintains a professional knowledge in applicable areas by researching recruitment strategies and admission trends. Applies knowledge and makes recommendations.
- Provide follow-up communication to prospective and admitted students; monitors prospective student lists, identify where students are in the enrollment process, assist with next steps.
- Maintains knowledge of Academic Programs, Cost of Attendance and other pertinent enrollment information to effectively assist prospective new and returning students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology or a closely related field; with three (3) years of experience and/or training involving academic and/or financial advising, student recruitment/retention, student services, or counseling, or comparable experience in an institute of higher education or client-based community organization; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Demonstrate and possess a strong ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a wide range of people and groups;
- Knowledge of student development concepts, principles, and practices in coaching strategies;
- Ability to communicate proficiently in more than one language;
- Excellent, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in student information systems and technology as well as MS Word and Excel;
- Ability to work at least 2 Saturdays per month during the peak registration periods in August
- Bilingual: Spanish
- Experience working in a community college.
Salary Range: $54,956.00-$62,212.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 6, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: December 31, 2022
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/PLd6bQUA85Q7lH7RQsPPp7
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency