Location: Boston, MA Category: Professional Staff Posted On: Tue May 24 2022 Job Description:
The Academic Counselor/Pathway Coach is a full-time, tenure track position reporting to the Director of Advising & LifeMap. Using an equity-based student-centered philosophy, the pathway coach will help students stay engaged and on track to complete their academic program. In addition to assisting students with and exploring career interests and the development of a Financial-Academic-Career (FAC) Plan, the pathway coach will track student progress, complete outreach, and provide support at key junctures. The pathway coach will also participate in the facilitation of Steps to Success (STS) workshops and building of group identity through social networking and participation in BHCC Pathways-related co-curricular activities.
- Provide a highly supportive, culturally responsive, and engaging environment for students;
- Collaborate with other offices to provide a smooth transition and ongoing support for students matriculating into the College;
- Employ a Developmental Model of Advising to guide students in the exploration of career and academic programs within selected Pathway;
- Administer and interpret academic, personal and career assessments to match new students with a Learning Community relevant to prior experience, skill set and future goals;
- Utilize intrusive advising approaches to assist students with creating personalized financial, academic and career (FAC) plans;
- Proactively outreach and meet with students at key times for continuous needs assessment and connection to appropriate resources;
- Through an array of LifeMap services (academic career, and transfer advising) provide holistic advising to continuing students;
- Collaborate with pathway faculty and staff to integrate academic, career, and transfer advising across the curriculum; assisting with the design and/or initial facilitation of related classroom presentations;
- Act as a departmental/divisional liaison for pathway faculty advisors assisting with faculty training on group advising, educational planning and career exploration activities;
- Document meetings, student goals, and advice in Ellucian selfservice, Colleague and other student systems;
- Collect data and participate in analysis of outcomes; and
- Participate in all required professional development
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology or a closely related field; with three (3) years of experience and/or training involving academic and/or financial advising, student recruitment/retention, student services, or counseling, or comparable experience in an institute of higher education or client-based community organization; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Demonstrate and possess a strong ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a wide range of people and groups;
- Knowledge of student development concepts, principles, and practices in coaching strategies;
- Ability to communicate proficiently in more than one language;
- Excellent, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in student information systems and technology as well as MS Word and Excel;
- Ability to work 2 evenings per week (11am-7pm);
- Ability to work at least 2 Saturdays per month during peak registration periods in August, September, and January
- Bilingual: Spanish Haitian Creole, and Vietnamese
- Experience working in a community college.
Salary Range: $54,956.00-$62,212.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 5, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: September 23, 2022
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Z42arGc7rw7DnCMjmHbb6W
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency