Academic Support Coordinator for Student Athletes
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Academic Support Coordinator for Student Athletes
The Coordinator for Academic Services for Student-Athletes works under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and Student Services. The Coordinator for Academic Services for Student-Athletes is a member of the University of San Francisco Athletic Department and works cooperatively
with student-athletes, coaches, athletic department staff members, and other campus offices, departments, and staff who are involved with the academic lives of student-athletes. This position will provide academic advising for approximately 50 student-athletes, from pre-enrollment to graduation.
In coordination with the University's general academic advising structure, The Director of Academic Services for Student-Athletes will play a prominent role in framing advising issues for student-athletes. A central resource and support to student-athletes, the Director of Academic Services for Student-Athletes will have
comprehensive understanding of the curriculum, academic rules and regulations, and the unique needs of student-athletes. The Coordinator for Academic Services for Student-Athletes works in coordination with the Athletic Department's Compliance Office, the Office of the Registrar, the Center for Academic and Student Achievement (CASA), and the institution's Faculty Athletics Representative to ensure student-athletes remain in compliance with NCAA and USF policy.
Full Job Description:
Academic Advising to Undergraduate Student-Athletes
- Oversee the academic support and development program and acts as the designated professional academic advisor and for all basketball student-athletes from pre-enrollment though graduation
- Advises student-athletes on their academic programs; makes interventions for students in difficulty
- Provides outreach and advising to student-athletes at risk, student-athletes on probation, student-athletes considering a leave of absence, returning from a leave, or who have special academic interests or needs
- Assist in the academic development of at-risk student-athletes by implementing structured academic plans
- Apprises student-athletes of programs and scholarship opportunities, selection process and participates in related recruitment and selection processes
- Facilitates academic accommodations with faculty for student-athletes with disabilities or other special needs
- Serves as a central resource and support to faculty and staff academic advisors who advise student-athletes
- With colleagues in CASA, helps to frame advising issues related to academic policies, rules, and regulations, with particular attention to the unique needs of student-athletes, making recommendations where appropriate
- Collaborate with the Learning, Writing and Speaking Center to support the academic needs of all student-athletes
- Coordinate daily operations of supervising, hiring and training graduate student tutors for basketball student-athletes
- Participates in fall student-athlete orientation and provides individual team orientation programs for incoming freshman student-athletes
- Maintains records of advising interactions
- Other duties as assigned
(5%) Present academic programs to Prospective Student-Athletes and their Parents
- Meets with athletic recruits and their parents, as needed, during their recruiting visits to discuss USF's academic programs and advising resources
- Informs prospective students and their parents of the academic advantages and benefits of attending USF by providing an accurate, optimistic, and thorough picture of the numerous resources and opportunities available to all students at the University
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 1 year of experience in academic advising/teaching and coordinating academic programs
- 1 years of experience in academic advising in the context of NCAA regulations or familiarity academic programs and structure at the University
- Fluency with basic desktop applications including databases, word processing, spreadsheets
This position, along with all coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of the University of San Francisco Athletics Program and for the reputation of the University of San Francisco. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and West Coast Conference rules and regulations.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Academic-Support-Coordinator-for-Student-Athletes_R0004456.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here." For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-cb48f5cc2bd00f479842ad340b804be0