Adjunct Pool: Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 20220019
Closing: 6/30/2023 12:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Coaches are paid via stipendOpen pool for academic year 2022-2023additional compensation for doctorate
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students, with room to expand on its 267-acre main campus and 120-acre Los Banos site, as well as at our innovative Business Resource Center in Downtown Merced. The City of Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing and access to the Bay Area and Sacramento. Merced is known as the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada mountains, and is home to the University of California's newest campus, UC Merced. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county.
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
- lifelong learning
- basic skills
- career technical education
- degree/certificate programs
This is a part-time coaching assignment in the Athletics area at Merced College under the general direction of the Director of Athletics.
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student athletes in the skills, techniques, and competitive strategies necessary for individual and team achievement of athletic standards of performance; evaluate individual and team performance and refine individual and team strategies throughout the season
- Establish and maintain safety standards to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities; demonstrate techniques of movement and body mechanics that prevent injuries; provide immediate assistance to injured student-athletes; document injuries and submit record-keeping reports as required
- Create a positive atmosphere for the student-athletes; support academic progress, retention, and matriculation of student-athletes through mentoring activities; refer student-athletes to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate; maintain confidential student-athlete information
- Ensure program compliance within the subject sports program with CCCAA regulations; establish and monitor effective procedures to ensure staff and student-athletes comply with such requirements; communicate the disciplinary or corrective consequences of violations as set forth in the provisions of enforcement procedures; report violations of regulations to the Athletic Director or Vice President of Student Services
- Promote interest and attendance at athletic events; assist in fund-raising efforts for the program
- Any bachelor's degree AND two (2) years of professional experience in the field (Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, Volleyball, or Water Polo) OR
- Any associate degree AND six (6) years of professional experience in the field
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
How to Apply:
- Submit a complete application by the closing date/time on the Merced College career pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs.
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position (cover letter).
- List of three professional references (no reference letters permitted).
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Diversity Statement: The Merced College District has a diverse staff and student population. As such, applicants must demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Please describe how your professional experience would contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please do not include any personally identifying information. Limit your response to one (1) page.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation completed by an approved organization per the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf (Download PDF reader).
- Equivalency Review Form (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/eqforms.html.
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile.
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a teaching demonstration on a selected topic. Interviews may be held onsite or via Zoom. Applicants are required to ensure access to the necessary technology to participate in a Zoom interview and will be responsible for any incurred travel expenses, if necessary.
Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/3127060/adjunct-pool-assistant-mens-basketball-coach
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-047d14ac70974d4fa5955fdc43ee06f0