This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant, College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Reporting to the Director of Operations/Department Chair, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the faculty of CNBHS. The Administrative Assistant will promote a culture of customer satisfaction that is inclusive and responsive. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and judgement to facilitate collaboration and communication among CNBHS faculty and staff. Ability to handle sensitive information when necessary.
The ideal candidate will: foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professional demeanor and presence, adhere to high standards of personal conduct, exhibit flexibility and adaptability, and maintain and enhance professional/job competency.
1. Administrative & Operational Support - 60%
- Provide general administrative support for department chair and faculty, including, not limited to, creation of reports, organizing processes, photocopying materials, scheduling rooms, scanning resources, and ordering supplies;
- Support faculty with the preparation and processing of faculty expense reports;
- Support faculty as needed with general facility and technology requests;
- Deploy, supervise, and evaluate student workers;
- Support department events in collaboration with other University offices (Events Management, Technology, Facilities, Catering, etc.);
- Prepare, record, distribute, and store meeting agendas and minutes
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Communications - 30%
- Demonstrate effective email, phone, and verbal communication
- Prepare written correspondence
- Assist in the creation of signage, advertisements, brochures, and mailings;
- Promote internal communication of events and other items;
- Assist faculty with preparing materials for publications and/or grants;
- Other duties as assigned.
3. Other duties as assigned including cross-training with other members of the CNBHS Operations Team - 10%
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Required Technical Skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Suites;
- Experience with Workday preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Two to three years of experience preferred in an administrative support position with a focus on customer service (prior experience in higher education preferred);
- Minimum one year of professional experience required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Design skills are a plus.
- Problem Assessment and Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Customer Service Orientation
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
This is a 40 hour position with a schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Administrative-Assistant--College-of-Natural--Behavioral-and-Health-Sciences_R07228
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.