Administrative Assistant, College of Natural, Behaviorial and Health Sciences
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on Simmons University and the College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences please visit our website.
Reporting to the Director of Operations/Department Chair, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the faculty of the College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences (CNBHS). The Administrative Assistant will promote a culture of customer satisfaction that is inclusive and responsive. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and judgement to facilitate collaboration and communication among CNBHS faculty and staff. Ability to handle sensitive information when necessary.
The ideal candidate will: foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professional demeanor and presence, adhere to high standards of personal conduct, exhibit flexibility and adaptability, and maintain and enhance professional/job competency. This is a 40-hour position with a schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Provide general administrative support for department chair and faculty, including, not limited to, creation of reports, organizing processes, photocopying materials, scheduling rooms, scanning resources, and ordering supplies;
- Support faculty with the preparation and processing of faculty expense reports;
- Support faculty as needed with general facility and technology requests;
- Deploy, supervise, and evaluate student workers;
- Support department events in collaboration with other University offices (Events Management, Technology, Facilities, Catering, etc.);
- Prepare, record, distribute, and store meeting agendas and minutes
- Demonstrate effective email, phone, and verbal communication
- Prepare written correspondence
- Assist in the creation of signage, advertisements, brochures, and mailings;
- Promote internal communication of events and other items;
- Assist faculty with preparing materials for publications and/or grants;
- Other duties as assigned, including cross-training with other members of the CNBHS Operations Team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of two years of experience in an administrative support position with a focus on customer service (prior experience in higher education preferred);
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Suites;
- Experience with Workday preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional planning, time management, and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Strong problem assessment and problem solving skills;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, detail, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Design skills are a plus.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Administrative-Assistant--College-of-Natural--Behaviorial-and-Health-Sciences_R06665
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.