This ad is expired.
Affiliate Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) Coach
Position Number: PTALP
Salary for Announcement: The final salary is based on the number of credit hours assigned at a rate determined by University policy.Please visit this link for additional information: AF-2022-Pay-Dates-and-Rates.docx (live.com)
Employee Category: Affiliate Faculty
Department: ALP (Alternative Licensure Program)
Establishment of department pool for affiliate instructors for the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP). Qualified applicants will be placed in the departmental pool and will be considered for affiliate/part-time departmental needs. Affiliate faculty are part-time, at-will employees hired to teach on a per credit hour basis, usually on a semester by semester basis. Affiliate faculty are not eligible for benefits coverage under the University's benefit program. All such teaching assignments are dependent on budget and enrollment.
The ALP Coach will support alternative licensure candidates in their teaching assignments. This is a temporary coaching position that serves students in the fall and spring semesters. Applicants need to be available 5 days per week during the day for lesson observations, debriefs, and meetings with alternative licensure teachers. The successful applicant will coach candidates in accordance with Teacher Quality Standards and assist each candidate in becoming an effective teacher in a variety of settings. The successful applicant must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
- Assist alternative licensure candidates in meeting the requirements of the Colorado Teacher Quality Standards.
- Conduct a minimum of 5 school visits for each assigned alternative licensure candidate during each semester.
- Provide feedback on each lesson observed.
- Complete and submit observation reports for each observation.
- Evaluate alternative licensure candidates proficiency on Colorado Teacher Qualities Standards.
- Communicate with Alternative Licensure Instructor regarding candidates performance.
- Attend all required Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) meetings.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in education or related field from an accredited college or university
- Teaching experience in a public or private school setting
- Has held a license to teach
- Masters degree in a related field
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in a public or private school setting
- Supervisory experience in an education setting (e.g. as a principal, department chair, university supervisor, or as a previous mentor/cooperating teacher)
- Experience in supervising or mentoring new teachers
- Holds a current Colorado teaching license
Posting Date: 06/03/2022
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
All applicants must submit an application through our online system, http://www.msudenverjobs.com.
If you have previously been employed by the department, you will only need to submit a revised CV/Resume.
If you have not been employed by the department previously, you will need to submit all the requested documentation outlined below:
2. Cover Letter
3. Copies of Unofficial Transcripts. Official transcripts will be required of the candidates selected for hire.
4. A list of three professional references and their contact information.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/21013
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-4ce51d76a4929743b3183ae43cd43389