Baseball Head Coach - Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03107
Posting Date: 07/21/2020
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Part-Time Academic
Rate: $60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. Plus 20 extra days totaling $7,635.47 per season. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Work Week: Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for the ACA health benefits at employee expense.
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions for the 2020-2021 academic year.
This is an adjunct, part-time coaching Physical Education and Athletics - Head Coach of baseball. This assignment includes coaching and teaching a variety of baseball courses to a student population that is highly diverse in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities.
This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays.
Education and Experience:
Any bachelors degree AND two years of coaching experience
OR Any associate degree AND six years of coaching experience
AND A demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to plan and direct the recruitment, conditioning, training, practice, eligibility and behavioral conduct of athletes in their program.
- Provide coaching, instructional, and/or non-instructional services as specified by assignment in a diverse campus and community environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop, and promote an intercollegiate sports program.
- Evidence of continual professional involvement.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- An understanding of the advantages and challenges of developing and maintaining a quality intercollegiate program in a rural community college.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to develop and maintain working relationships with teachers at local high schools in contiguous districts to facilitate recruiting.
- Willingness to work with students having a wide range of skills, motivation, and academic or occupational goals.
- Demonstrate versatility in coaching/instructional methodology and versatility in serving a diverse student population.
- Be familiar with and observe appropriate college and Board policies, and current guidelines governing college sports, i.e. COA/CCCAA, CVC, NCAA.
- Willingness to promote Porterville Community College through community service and outreach within the local community.
- Ability and willingness to develop appropriate fundraising activities to support the intercollegiate sports program.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13768. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency